Monday, June 9, 2008

Introduction to Blogflio

IT648 Blogfolio Introduction

Well our class has gotten off to a great start. We began by introducing our selves to Dr. Yuen and our classmates via the discussion board. Which I enjoy reading about my classmates and their many accomplishments. We emailed our phone # and email addresses to the professor to be placed in the listserv, so that we may communicate with one another. Week I began with reading Introduction to Telecommunications and Internet Basics. In reading Introduction to Telecommunications the handouts, notes, and media sections provided what telecommunication means, telecommications traffic and they work, Data , Signaling, Asynchronous and Synchronous Based Instruction, Advantages of Telecommuncations and the advantages it has in Education. The handout also discuss the internet its capabilities, and email. It showed how a third grade class preformed the same daily activities as other classrooms only they communciated with other children in other countries. This topic covered several different telecommunication tools and how they work. Where as the Internet Basics topic covered how to use the many internet tools, and search tools.

I look forward to all the coming assignments, they all look interesting. I am still new to the program and I'm so excited to learn all the technology information this semester has to offer. I have taken classes under Dr. Yuen before and I know this class will be just as interesting as the others.

See you on the WEB :)


No comments: