Monday, June 9, 2008

Introduction

Hello All,

I am Tawana Banks a 38 year old married mother of two gorgeous boys. I am originally from Chicago,ILL and try to get home as much as possible. I married my college sweet heart, we have been married for 12 years. I graduated with a BS Degree in Social Science Education from Jackson State University in 1994. I taught special education for 6years, until I thought I had enough. I have since realized that the classroom is were my heart is and I am excited to say that I am making my way back. When I left the classroom I worked for Attorney General Mike Moore for many years, and now I am currently the Director of Programs for the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Gulf Coast Administrative Offices here in Gulfport, MS. I am in my 3 semester of Graduate School at USM. I slowed down this spring and summer with a small class load because my job/family became more demanding as all families do, but I am back on fast lane.

Since I have been in the IT program at USM I have learned more than I could have ever imagined, and I am still so SHOCKED when someone ask me to help them with something and I actually know the answer or I can figure it out. :) I have enjoyed being in this Masters Program and I look forward to being in the online doctoral program if they decide to have it.

I love spending time with my family, we have Sunday Dinner every Sunday after church. We go to a different family members house and then we start over. It is great fellowship, good food and a great time catching up with one another. I am also a wedding planner. My cousin and I own Crimson & Cream Creations it is a great passion of ours. Well, I hope I have shared with you some interesting facts about myself and I have/will enjoy your blogs as well.

I look forward to working with all of you,
Tawana Banks

No comments: