Friday, July 25, 2008

Assignment 7 / Online Presentation

Now, this assignment was not hard to create but it gave me the most trouble. I don't know if it was because I have a broken ankle and tired but it would not do anything I wanted it to do. When I converted it to a PDF and uploaded it in to my slideshare, I have no idea what happened to my hard work. I lost a lot of page designs it came out so plain. If after one of you guys view it and can tell me what I did wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

The the topic was not a problem and I enjoyed finding and exploring the many filters that are useful to help teachers and parents keep our children safe while they use the Internet. Having children who love been on the computer playing games, I am always looking a watching. I had one bad experience with the Internet involving my child. He likes RC cars and he and his little friends were emailing one another and created this little RC Car Club with 5 friends. How this gentleman got their information I have no idea, but he contacted them wanting them to join his group, and wanted to know all of their personal information. So, lucky my son has been told to let me know if he gets an email from someone he doesn't know. He asked us if we would check it out, so I emailed the gentleman and asked for his information so that I could contact him about the so called RC Club he was in and I asked him several question about RC Cars ( of course from my son, you know I don't know). He calmed he was new to the RC Car collecting and that's why he wanted to meet with them so they could teach him all about them. So, I wanted to go off on him but instead I had a school officer friend of mine come by and talk with him and get his information and let the police take it from there. Long story short, he was from out of state and he has had several different sites, email address, etc. were they traced back to him communicating with young children. After that my so no longer has an email address until he is older (he is 11) and truly understand that some people are crazy and you can't trust everyone. He uses the computer to only play games, and he has to have our password to get on.

This is why I wanted to become as familiar as I can with Internet use, just as much as I wanted to learn it's many uses. Over all I liked this assignments as well, the issues were not that bad but yet again learned something new and ways to share information with others.
http://www.slideshare.net/tawana/internet-safety-527981/

No comments: